LAS VEGAS (Dec. 1, 2011) – The 2011 top-12 NASCAR Sprint Cup SeriesTM drivers held nothing back today at the third annual, fan-favorite NASCAR After The Lap held at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas and sponsored by Coca-Cola and Ford. ESPN pit road reporter Jamie Little hosted the event along with co-host Miss Sprint Cup Monica Palumbo.
A list of the top-10 unfiltered, driver “tell-all” comments are outlined below.
- · Ryan Newman was asked if he purchased his boss (2011 Champion Tony Stewart) anything special after winning the championship.
- · “No!”
- · Jamie Little followed with “Ryan, you told me earlier there was a waxing appointment but that no appointment was long enough to cover Tony’s needs.”
- · Question for Kyle Busch: “Kyle, we hear your wife cooked her first Thanksgiving this year…How did she do?”
- · Response: “It was good. That’s what she said.”
- · Comment from host Little: “There are a lot of single women in Vegas.”
- · Response from Stewart: “Why do you think I’m just happy to be here?”
After comments about brothers Kurt and Kyle Busch dressing alike and being confused for each other, Kurt Buschresponded:
- · “When the fine comes in the mail, they know how to spell our name right.”
- · Question: What if Delana Harvick (wife of Kevin Harvick) showed up (to the race) without a fire suit?
- · Special guest and Blue Comedy Tour comedian Bill Engvall responded: “We talking no suit at all? Cus, that would be awesome.”
- · Harvick followed with “If she walked out without a fire suit and I missed the race, you’d know why.”
- · “At least for the first 10 laps…” said Matt Kenseth.
- · Earnhardt Jr. was asked about his future wife…
- · “Yea, she’s real,” said Earnhardt Jr.
- · “Not real’s a blow-up doll.” Engvall
- · Little asked if she was a blonde.
- · “She’s like Snooki … he hasn’t noticed,” said Gordon. Earlier in the show, Stewart had commented that “For the first three episodes, I didn’t even know Snooki had a head.”
- · Stewart was positioned in a chair next to Little who was standing nearby. “Why do you think she sat me next to her? Always sit the fat kid next to the tall girl.”
- · Kurt Busch noted that he was “camera shy. I think the best form of communication is cussing.”
- · “I felt uncomfortable today for the first time in a long time because I was changing next to Carl.” Stewart
- · “You’ll always have me beat with that back hair.” Carl Edwards
- · “Hey, I’m out here working hard to represent all fat kids.” Stewart
- · Four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion Gordon break dancing for fans at NASCAR After The Lap.
– ASPIRE Communications, Press Release